Search Web Site
Search Partners' Sites
CABRI Guidelines for Catalogue Production
Guidelines prepared for CABRI by BCCM, CBS, CERDIC, DSMZ, ECACC, HGMP, INRC, MSDN
Page layout by CERDIC
NB! Submission by FTP is currently not allowed.
The intended methods of submission of flat files for indexing to CABRI are File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and email.
The following rules should be followed:
- FTP is the preferred choice. The FTP site and directory and the related login and password will be notified to the collections.
- Email submissions should be sent to the webmanager at email@example.com.
- Files should only include one catalogue each.
- Files should originally (before compression, see below) have the same name of the related catalogue, ended by the
extension ".dat", e.g., "cbs_fil.dat" and "dsmz_bact.dat".
- Before submission, files should be compressed by one of the following compression softwares:
- compress, making extension of compressed files ".Z"
- gzip, making extension of compressed files ".gz"
- winzip, making extension of compressed files ".zip"
- The final name of the submitted files should then include the name of the related catalogue, the fixed extension ".dat" and
finally the extension of the compression methods used, e.g., "cbs_fil.dat.zip" and "dsmz_bact.dat.gz"
- The CABRI webmanager should be notified by email of all changes that have been done on the submitted catalogues.
These includes, but are not limited to:
- new fields (e.g., new fields of the catalogue's own Full Data Set)
- new fields' contents (e.g., addition of a specific information to all records)
- modified field names (e.g., to accomplish the MDS definitions)
- modified field contents' structure (e.g., different standard for bibliographic references)