Search Web Site
Search Partners' Sites
Common Access to Biological Resources and Information
- To provide biological products of quality to the scientific community:
- by searching the catalogues of the participating collections by means of:
+ the CABRI Simple search engine, that provides a special search by synonyms feature,
+ the adapted SRS interface;
- by browsing the hypertext, including predefined full indexes by catalogues, genus/species and families.
- To provide quality guidelines to ensure our customers the specific technical procedures used.
- To expand the resources with other centres having acceptable quality standards.
- Partner collections: BCCM, CABI, CBS, CRBIP, DSMZ, ICLC, NCCB, NCIMB
- 28 catalogues (more than 100,000 items) covering:
- animal and human cell lines,
- bacteria and archaea,
- fungi and yeasts,
- plant cells and viruses
- Information support from the Bioinformatics group
of the Ospedale Policlinico San Martino, Genoa, Italy, led by Paolo Romano.
- Initially co-funded by a grant from DG XII of the Commission of the European Union and now maintained by the partners.
- Paolo Romano (paolo dot romano at hsanmartino dot it) - CABRI Web Administrator
- Chantal Bizet (chantal dot bizet at pasteur dot fr) - Chair of the CABRI Technical Committee
Cite CABRI with the following references:
Romano P, Kracht M, Manniello MA, Stegehuis G, Fritze D. The role of informatics in the coordinated management of biological resources collections.
Applied Bioinformatics 2005, 4(3):175-186. See in Pubmed.
Available from authors.
Romano P, Dawyndt P, Piersigilli F, Swings J. Improving interoperability between microbial information and sequence databases.
BMC Bioinformatics 2005, 6(Suppl 4):S23. See in Pubmed.