LABORATORY PROCEDURES FOR ANIMAL & HUMAN CELL LINES
REFERENCE NO: AHC/1998/3/1.2 Appendix 8
TITLE: PREPARATION OF NON-ROUTINE CELL CULTURE MEDIA
This procedure details preparation of individual bottles of media to specific customer requests.
Refer to protocol AHC/1998/3/1.2 except the points detailed below:
- Individual bottles of media are to be prepared according to customer specifications. Each bottle is to be given a unique ID.
- Collect one bottle of the required media and attach the appropriate label.
- Add supplements as required recording batch numbers as above.
- Inoculate each TSB and Thioglycollate broth with 1.5ml of the media.
- Incubate one Thioglycollate and one TSB broth at 22 ± 2°C. Also incubate one of each broth at 32 ± 2°C. Negative controls of each broth type should be incubated at both temperatures.
- Check incubated broths after 7 days and record information.
Guidelines prepared for CABRI by CERDIC, DSMZ, ECACC, INRC, November 1998
Page layout by CERDIC
Copyright CABRI, 1998
© The CABRI Consortium 1999-2013.
This work cannot be reproduced in whole or in part without the express
written permission of the CABRI consortium.
Site maintained by Paolo Romano. Last revised on April 2013.